The company was first established at our Leicester site (then Wyvern Tube) which was acquired by Hub & Gillespie Holdings Ltd in 1982.

1987 Hub & Gillespie, Leicester along with our branches in Glasgow (then Scot Tubes), Leeds (then Abbey Tubes), Bilston (then Olympic Tubestock) and Rainham (then Atlantic Tubes) were bought by Glynwed International Plc in June1987. As part of a re-organisation programme, the Hub group of companies were integrated into Glynwed Tubes and Fittings.

1988 we began to operate as HUB Tubes.

1999 saw Tyco International Ltd take over the reigns, followed shortly after in 2000 with the acquisition of Le Bas Steel Tube of Coventry and so Hub Le Bas was born. Le Bas was founded as Edward Le Bas & Company in the latter part of the 1800’s, and by the early 1900’s the firm was well established in pipe work engineering and as a supplier of welded, solid drawn and riveted steel pipes and flanges.

2004 we became part of Caparo Steel Products who are a private, diversified, UK based Group, specialising principally in the manufacture and supply of steel and engineering products for industry.

2015 saw Hub Le Bas acquired by Liberty Commodities Ltd, a UK based, private group that specialise in the manufacture and trade of steel products and raw materials.

Contact Us
Head Office, Rose Street, Bradley, Bilston, West Midlands WV14 8TS
A trading division of Liberty Commodities Ltd. Registered in England No. 03349135.
management@hublebas.co.uk tel.+44 (0)1902 493 506 fax.+44 (0)1902 401 250